Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Moses and Indiana Jones, all in one post.

Happy Easter and Passover to all.  The baskets are opened and the kids are bugging me to hide the plastic eggs so we can have our hunt.  Ummm ok kiddies, let mama blog first, or at least wake up. 

They keep offering me Peeps.  I freaking love Peeps.  They are my favorite food on the face of the earth.  Do Peeps counts as food?  I am trying really hard to be good today.  Weight Watchers is going so well.  I am down 39.2 pounds as of today (I took my weigh in a day early do to possible Easter debauchery) and I really don't want to screw it up.  Hell, I even made WW's friendly coconut cupcakes that I found on Pinterest for dessert today.  But I really want a Peep, or 2 or a whole package.



I am also trying to put off cleaning my house today.  We are having my 97 year old grandmother over today.  She is a stubborn Irish women and I feel like I have to make everything perfect so she doesn't go report bad things back to my mother.  Last time she was here she complained about my thermostat.  Yes of all things, my thermostat.  I knew I should have gone to lunch with my Aunt and Cousin, would make my life much easier.  But alas, I am being a good Catholic and a good granddaughter.

I am still a bit bummed that we lost power last night for a few minutes do so some stupidity at National Grid.  I know it was only a minute or two that it was out but we were watching the Ten Commandments when it happened.  It was when the Angel of Death was creeping around and killing all the first born.  That is my favorite part, well expect for the parting of the Red Sea, and the Burning Bush, of and when he throws the tablets at the Golden Cow.  Well, at least we got to see the end.  The end always brings two thoughts to my head.  The first is why can't poor Moses go to the promised land?  That is just so wrong.  And second.  When they talk about the Ark of the Covenant I keep thinking about what happens if you open that suckers.  Hello Indiana Jones!!!





Ok I am done, somewhat awake now, gotta go hide some plastic eggs, clean some toilets (and the thermostat) and cooks some Ham.  Have a great day everybody.

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen the Ten Commandments....from the sounds of it, it sounds like a good movie, death, cows and bush....

    Happy Eastwr fellow Masshole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have you never seen the Ten Commandments!!!!! It is the best (and longest) movie ever. We watch it ever year at Easter time. And Happy Easter to you as well.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter, darlin'! BTW -- I HATE Peeps, so you can have all mine! Best thing about them in this house is peep jousting!! Hours of drunken entertainment after the kids have crashed from the sugar high :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never liked Peeps. Now, you throw some Reece's eggs my way and I'll eat em until I have to pop the button on my jeans.

    ReplyDelete