It is also nice to be known as "Kreativ" rather than a sarcastic bitch. So there are some rules I must follow in order to accept this award and as those who know me I always follow the rules (ok just pretend I do, thanks).
Kreativ Blogger Award Rules:
1. Link back to the one who gave you this award.
2. Share 10 random facts about yourself.3. Pass the award on to 6 other people.
4. Follow the persons blog who sent you it.
Ten Random Facts About Me
1. I have had the same best friend for almost 25 years. She is my rock and I don't know what I would do without her. She keeps me sane (most of the time) and is honestly one of the best people I know as well as a fantastic mom and wife.
2. I have a cousin and a sister in law that I consider true sisters. They are the only people who can keep me from killing some of my family members. (Jenn I think you can name a few of those and Helen, shall we just say "no balls")
3. I don't drink alcohol. I know, I have two kids and two crappy jobs and I don;t touch a drop. I am not against it or anything. Trust me when I say I have had quite a few drunken nights in my past. When my husband quite drinking I decided to abstain as well to support him. See, I am a good wife.
4. I like George W. Bush. Ok people, don't judge. I like him, always did probably always will.
5. I am seriously into genealogy. I have researched my family tree for years. I love doing it and have met several long lost cousins doing it, one of whom I met the last time I went to Ireland. I also have two family members that came over on the Mayflower, Miles Standish and Stephen Hopkins (when you live in Massachusetts that is a big deal). Oh and I am distant cousins with Sarah Palin. Again, don't judge, you can't choose your family.
6. I think that Spartacus is the best show on television. I mean come on, have you watched it? It is like Roman porn.
7. I love reading. I could give up tv altogether (ok maybe not Spartacus) if I could always find a book I like. I just finished the Hunger Games Trilogy so I am desperately searching for a new series to read. Suggestions please people. I have already read the Twilight series about 10 times and don't want to read it again if I can't find anything else.
8. My husband is off the boat Irish. And to answer the questions that everybody asks when they hear that, yes, he does have a brogue, and yes, it is kinda sexy.
9. I have a bachelor's degree. I know I constantly bitch about waitressing and being a lunch lady but believe it or not I am actually I college graduate. Umass Amherst Class of 1997 to be exact. I used to have a real job, then I had kids. I refused to send my kids to daycare so I waitressed at night. That way the kids were either with me or my husband. I only went to lunch lady land when my youngest started kindergarten so that I wouldn't sit around the house all day. I do dream of the day when they are old enough to be self sufficient so I can have nights and weekends off again, but for now it is what it is.
10. Both my boys are named for special people. I am so sick of people asking if I named my oldest son after Liam Neeson. Seriously people, what kind of person do you think I am (although I do love Liam Neeson). My oldest is named after somebody very dear to my husband back in Ireland who passed away a few years before we had kids. My youngest is named for my awesome grandfather who I miss more than I ever imagined it could.
Now Here We Go, I Am Passing This Award Onto:
Norfolk County Massachusetts History and Genealogy Blog
Sir, I Think You've Had Too Much
My Daily Jenn-ism
The Somewhat Sane Mom
Underachiever's Guide To Being a Domestic Goddess.
I highly suggest checking out these blogs. They are all well worthy of the award.