Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Car Dealers are the Spawl of Satan!

I hate car dealers.  Everything about them is just trying to screw you up the ass.  Whether you are looking to buy a car or get your existing one fixed they try to figure out every way to squeeze every last penny out of you.
Sure I can


I have had the same car for 8 years.  It is a 2004 Kia Sedona.  I bought it brand spanking new for 11,000 bucks, pretty decent deal there.  I also bought the extended warranty to give me 10 years/100,000 mile bumper to bumper coverage.  No don't get me wrong, I love my car.  In 8 years I have had to put almost no money into it.  It has been reliable and gets me where I need to go.  The problem is that I am at 99,819 miles, which means in just 181 miles my warranty is gone.  And we all know what that means, everything will start going wrong.

So I took my car across the street to my local mechanic.  He is very good and is really good friends with a friend of mine so I know he doesn't screw me.  I told him to look that car over and tell me anything that might be broken that the warranty would cover.  He did come up with a few things that needed to be done and of course only one was covered by the warranty.  He told me I had to go to the dealer.  I almost cried.  Car dealers are the worst and the closest one to me is a good half hour away.   Plus, we are a one car family, so I have the choice of staying and waiting or getting a rental.

I had to run my butt of yesterday to get the car to the dealer, set up the repairs and the warranty, get the rental, run back to my town, drop the kids off with the sitter and then go to work.  I thought I had to be to work at 5 but seeing that I walked in at 5:28 and my boss said  "Oh you made it on time." I must have misread my schedule.  I hate my rental car.  It is a Nissan Versa.  I feel like I am driving around in a clown car.  But whatever, it is supposedly covered by my warranty.

I feel like I am driving this


Now my mechanic warned me that when the dealer looked at my car they were going to give me a huge list of what needed to be done that WASN'T covered by my warranty.  Although yes, I know there is stuff to be done, I know what it is and I am not letting those leeches do it.  I will take it to my regular guy for that.  Boy was my mechanic right.  I had to stop the guy after about 10 things and tell him flat out that he wasn't getting any money out of me.  He wasn't too happy about that but whatever, he wanted to charge me double what anywhere else would.

Next I was told that the car would be done by early afternoon.  Ya right, when have they ever been accurate  on that.  Between coffee breaks, lunch breaks and cigarette breaks my car is now going to be done Monday.   They gave me some long story about the part being hard to do even though they told me originally it was going to be a 2 hour job.  Plus, since it won't be ready they say I am going to have to pay Sunday's rental fee for the car.  Oh right, like I am going to let them get away with that.  After I finished ripping the guy a new asshole I now am covered until they finish on Monday.

Now I am stuck for 2 more days in a clown car.  My car will probably shit the bed in 182 miles and I will be stuck at the dealer again, to buy a new car.  It has been a long time since I had to negotiate a deal.  I can only image what crap they have come up with to screw me in all that time.  I think it is time to buy a horse.  Better gas mileage and natural fertilizer for my garden.  Why didn't I do that long ago?

I had the right idea when I was a kid.  I should have just stuck with it.

3 comments:

  1. I had to drive a Versa when my Cobalt was totaled. I have been there. You have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the tiniest car ever? I had to go grocery shopping today and didn't know where to put my stuff.

      Delete
  2. Sadly because most mechanics at dealerships are douche bags you should probably take your mechanic friend with you when the time comes for you to purchase another vehicle. I don't know why men think they can bury women under a pile of bullshit but I know they don't try it with the Mister.. Yay women's rights!

    Nice clown car.. And hey, the horse is not a bad idea..

    Fingers crossed that your car does NOT crap out on you at mile 182!

    ReplyDelete