Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ten Items or Less, Bitch!

There are a lot of things in this world that piss me off.  However, I think that nothing gets under my skin more than the douche bags at the grocery store who just can't follow the rules.  The ones that make your quick trip to pick up a couple of things into an agonizing hell.  You all know the ones I am talking about, the ones that take a carriage full into the 10 items or less line. 


This is a phenomenon that I just don't understand.  Is it that these people can't read the big glowing sign?  Highly doubtful.  It is more likely that they are just assholes that don't give a damn about anybody else except themselves.  They don't want to stand in a line behind a person with a large order so they just figure they will screw over the poor guy who gets a fifteen minute break and just wants to buy a snack.

Needless to stay yes, I got stuck behind one of these people today.  I was at my local grocery store with my basket that had ten Weight Watchers meals in it.  I had to pick up the kids at a play date and had just enough time to run in and run out.  I grab my goods and zip over to the checkouts.  There was one 10 items or less line open so of course I head there.  And what do I see, a woman beginning to unload her five thousand items onto the belt.  I shoot her an annoyed look and said to the cashier, "Isn't this the ten items or less line?"  The cashier replied that it was and just gave me a "I'm sorry" kind of look.  Obviously the bitch in front of me didn't get the point.  She is just continues along, ignoring the comment I made. 

Now normally I would let it go at this point but I had places to be.  I said to the crack whore in front of me, "Excuse me, this aisle is for customers with 10 items or less."  She turns around and says, "Oh well."  That just pushed me over the edge.  I replied with "What makes you so special that you can break the rules?"   She had the nerve to say, "Because I want to and there is nothing you can do about it."  Wrong answer bitch!

I dropped my basket and headed over to find the manager.  I explained the situation to the manager and the response I got from the bitch.  She was actually really nice and apologized to me and headed straight over to the checkout.  She explained to the lady that this was 10 items or less and would have to go to another line.  The lady said "But I already have all my stuff on the belt."  The manager than started to put the stuff back in the carriage for her.  At this point a got a real nasty look from the bitch but I just gave her a great big smile. 

Needless to stay, it probably would have been quicker to just let her finish with her order but the satisfaction I got from her being put in her place was worth every second I had to wait.  I think the manager and cashier enjoyed it as well.  I am also thinking that this is the last time that lady tries to pull that crap again.  So there was my good deed for the day, I rid the grocery store of an inconsiderate jerk.  One down, countless others left to go.

11 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the company I work for will not allow me to tell people they can't go to the express lane with more items than the signs says they can have. Every time I see it, it angers me.

    You're right about why people do it, they don't think they should have to wait in line like everyone else. Just thinking about it is getting me irritated.

    God I hate some people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually shop late at night; that way, I don't have to worry about other people with more than 10 items standing in front of me in the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! THAT is one of the reasons I hate shopping. Along with the person who wants to pay a £100 worth of foodstuff, in coins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! That was me in that line! - Ha! - Never! I hate those assholes too AND the morons who pay for an 8 course meal at the gas station ALL IN COINS!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL good for you! :D I also hate those people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hate the coin people too. But maybe not as much as the crazy lottery old ladies I get stuck behind at the convenience stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the correct amount one day for the same type of line, but my carriage looked fuller because a couple of the items were big. I went to the full service line, but the Store Manager guided me over to 15 items or less. After waiting for the 2 people ahead of me, the cashier told me I had too many items and I needed to go back. Ticked off, I complied and waited even longer. The whole time I watched for the manager. After I complained to the new cashier and paid, I passed by the first cashier and said, "I would not have gotten in your line, but the Store Manager told me too." She replied, "Oh, I can take you now if you want." I guess she missed the bagged groceries in my cart. Most stores go with "The Customer Is Always Right" philosophy. Just which customer are they trying to please.

    You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well next time I will tell my Aunt to go faster!! LOL Good for you Heather I will always check behind my back now at the grocery store however!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! I've had this happen to me before but only had the courage for a couple of loud sighs and eye rolls.
    I also hate the people that hold up a convenience store line by bringing in a ton of lotto tickets to be checked (there's a machine for that right there) and people that pay for their items with a check and also balance their checkbook before exiting the line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My brother was behind a similarly incosiderate asshole as Whole Foods one day. When he finally got to the front of the line the cashier said "I'm not allowed to say anything to people with more than 10 items, but I am allowed to give things away to make up for it. Have a nice day!" He got like $20 worth of cheese for free. They may be pricy but at least they understand customer service!

    ReplyDelete